Rants of a College kid

Friday, January 27, 2006

Its an interesting point of view....

So I found this on myspace, and after going to my highschool it rings pretty true, no I didn't think this one up on my own.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.

You call me "Cracker", "Honkey", "Whitey" and even "The Man" and you think it's OK.

But when I call you, "nigger", "Kike", "Towelhead", "Sand-nigger", "Camel Jockey", "Beaner" or "Chink" you call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live

You have the United Negro College Fund.
You have Martin Luther King Day.
You have Black History Month.
You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Yom Hashoah
You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi
You have the NAACP.
You have BET.

If we had WET(white entertainment television) we'd be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day you would call us racists.

If we had white history month, we'd be racists.

If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives, we'd be racists.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships, you know we'd be racists.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're
not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.


You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us.
But when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.


I am white.
I am proud of it.


But don't you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

8 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Crazy Politico said…

    What brought this rant on?

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Crazy Politico said…

    Hey, answer my questions on your blog, not off topic on mine :)

    Eveningblogger, I think the point she was making is it's just as small an accomplishement to be of another race. The difference is you can publicly declare your pride in your race if you are other than white.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Very well spoken Maddie and very much the truth. I hope everything is alright.
    To evenblogger...I'm proud of my legs. I was for a long time without the use of them. I'm also proud of being white.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger DaddysGirl said…

    CP- Sorry, I'll keep that in mind next time. And yes that's the basic point I'm making.
    Eveningblogger- I left you a comment already but, I am proud to be white, its not a huge accomplishment to be any race.
    Mike- I'm glad you're proud of your legs, and you have every right to be! Great to hear from you. And this isn't my words just my thoughts that someone else happened to have voiced on myspace.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger DaddysGirl said…

    I would have to agree with you there! I'm just saying how odd it is that if you're white you can't be proud of that. But I liked going to ethnically diverse schools! They're soooo much better

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Lone Pony said…

    Maddie, you bring up some great points!Personally, I've always thought we should be Americans...period. Oh! And I'm pink! LOL

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Maddie...I'm happy that I've gotten to know you through your blog. I look forward to your next post.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger DaddysGirl said…

    Thank you for linking me! Yea it probably will dub you a racist but its something we oughta just get used to I guess.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home