Rants of a College kid

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Euthanasia not execution

As we all know California recently executed their oldest death row inmate. Clarence Ray Allen asked for clemency because he believed it cruel and unusual to execute a frail old man. He suffered from diabetes, was nearly blind and deaf, and had suffered a near fatal heart attack in September. So heres my theory...he wasn't executed, he was simply euthanized. If he was that hard off then we simply ended his pain. And we all know that euthanasia isn't considered cruel and unusual if he was really suffering. So therefore it was not an execution! If he was really that frail then we shouldn't have been paying to keep him in jail. Allen was convicted of murder and then hiring a hit man to murder one witness and two bystanders. Simply put it was either put him to death or keep spending federal money on keeping such a frail and suffering man alive. Euthansia isn't an execution, it isn't cruel or unusual, in fact its basically humane.
*Giving credit where credit is due, my mother actually came up with this theory. I just thought I'd share it with you all and embellish on it.*

7 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Crazy Politico said…

    You mother has issues... So do you... But I love you both. That was an interesting take on it. I'll put some "linky-love" to your post on my blog in a bit.

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Maddie....I like your blog. It's good.

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Oh yeah....When you talk to your soldier tell him thank you from a Viet Nam vet.

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    It's refreshing to find a young lady with her head on so straight. You remind me of my two daughters.

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger Cat Factory said…

    First of all I think its crazy that I have to register on Blogger just to post comments. Anyways..

    The death of Allen wasn't about euthanasia it was about retribution. We do not euthanize murderers, we do not lessen their pain, no, what we do is punish them for their crimes.

     
  • At 5:13 AM, Blogger Griz said…

    Crazy is crazy. :) Please, tell your soldier that I said "Thank you."

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Webmiztris said…

    I agree. and I think to hell with being gentle with him because he's old and frail - he should have fried a LONG time ago. He's lucky he got to live as long as he did.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home