Rants of a College kid

Friday, December 23, 2005

Being PC

I've been thinkin about everyone having to be "PC" and my theory is SCREW THAT!!! I mean really what the hell is a holiday tree??? At Loyola they have a flippin holiday tree in the student union....mind you this is at a CATHOLIC university nonetheless. I'm sincerely seeing something wrong with this. The jewish and muslim students thought so too. I recall the words "We dont' have a fucking tree in our religion, how would you feel if i put up a fucking holiday menorah???" being used. What is wrong with us that we can't just say what we mean anymore. We're all too damned concerned with offending someone. Well boo hoo. No one can say anything without being worried about who's gonna think what. It's becoming absolutely ridiculous.
Think about this, the movie "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" what would have happened if it hadn't been the word black, what if it had been a white woman??? I'll tell you this Jesse Jackson woulda had an absolute fuckin fit, or diary of a mad mexican woman??? Hmmmm??? OH yea, that movie would have been protested to high heavens. I can't even say I'm proud to be white anymore because then I'm a racist. I'm sorry but I'm damned proud of my ethnicity. I don't give a shit if you're white, black, puerto rican, mexican, japanese, or whatever if you're proud of it you're proud of it. What's the big deal? Alright, I just had to have my rant on that one.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Crazy Politico said…

    Wow, that was quite the rant. Hopefully you have it out of your system.

    However, you are correct that caucasians are the only race who can't be proud of it, at least openly.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger DaddysGirl said…

    Yea, it's outta my system for now...well at least until Rev. Jesse Jackson decides to open his mouth about something yet again.

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Deadman said…

    "The jewish and muslim students "thought so too. I recall the words "We dont' have a fucking tree in our religion, how would you feel if i put up a fucking holiday menorah???" being used."

    I'd be interested to know if this was a Jewish student and what was the context of the statement.

    Was the student upset by a tree being put up? Were they refused an opportunity to display a channukiyah?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home